19 Mai 2007

Internet in Germany (3)

Last week Friday, the wireless network part of my modem stopped working. I didn't notice, since I use a cable, but the people I'm sharing my connection with did notice. After having tried out everything that came to mind, I just went to my ISP, and told them what was wrong: internet access via cable was fine, but wireless just wouldn't work. They said 'the wireless part of your modem must be broken; you'll get a new one. It should be there in three days.' I was slightly surprised, given my earlier experiences in trying to get something done by them, but happily accepted.
I was even more surprised when indeed after three working days, but on a Saturday, I actually got my new modem. And when it turned out to work, and not take hours to get the network running again, I could hardly believe what was happening.
Apparently, their service just takes some time to get warmed up.

P.S.: Half an hour later, I already found myself getting used to the idea that these things run smoothly here as well. I'll just hope nothing will happen until August...