16 April 2007

Jetzt ist Sommer

After a premature spring, summer, too, seems to have found a way to fool the climatological clock. Cycling to the university, at 9:00 in the morning, even the thought of taking a coat seemed ridiculous. Cycling home, at 11:30, I found that shadowy spots offered the most agreeable temperatures. Yesterday, the sun surprised me by going down around 20:15, which seemed quite inappropriate given the temperature.
Not that I'm complaining, mind you. The mountains around the city look lovely green, the Neckarwiesen are an incarnate invitation to procrastinate and the Neckar itself is simply beautiful in the sun, so life in Heidelberg seems good. I did mean the remark about the sunset being inappropriately early, though: if the day is hot, then the evening should be long enough to be enjoyed outside, and make up for the afternoon spent in siesta. This attitude also seems to be taken by the Spaniards in the Schlierbacher Schiff, who are talking of nothing but parties.

All in all, I'm getting the feeling that maybe winter has really been skipped. I wonder what that means for July...

P.S.: This message means I'm back in Heidelberg, safely, in one piece, and alive, but not kicking (although someone proposed I join some kind of fighting course in the university sports centre).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

Global cooling would have been much more depressing, wouldn't it?

19.04.07, 01:49  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home